Saturday, June 7, 2008

Monkey Bars and Korean Pants

Okay that last post was supposed to tell you about our fun little adventure in Seoul today but instead I got sidetracked as you could see by the 4 flippin' long paragraph post I just gave....okay well we go up to Seoul to look at the furniture store up there to see if they ever get any new King size bedroom sets in since our BX here in lovely Osan has a deathly aversion to carrying such a creature!! Well to no avail once again on that front we go to the Electronics Market...now doesn't that just sound like a bowl of cherries with three kids and a very eager and electronic savvy husband with money in his pocket (no no that money came out of an ATM) just burning a hole in his well I guess ATM card.....anyway so we go there and while Chris is "shopping" the two older kids and I just rest on a little curb next to one of the little vendors and this Korean man in the booth over comes and starts to play with Dalin...well this is all fine and good until he takes Dalin's empty drink bottle and won't give it back until Dalin kisses him...oh yes you heard me correctly KISSES HIM!! Did I emphasize this was a MAN!! Anyway I told Dalin could blow him kisses and make kissing motions towards this guy but no this man kept pointing to his cheek and telling Dalin to kiss him...I was about to give the man a nice big ol' smackeroo...and I don't mean the nice all fuzzy like kind...I mean the I will knock your flippin' cheek off if you don't get it out of my 4 year olds face!! Aren't I so sweet and genteel!!?? Anyway, finally Dalin gave him the tiniest of pecks and the man gave it back only to pick on and play with Dalin for the next 20 minutes while we're waiting for Chris.....
NOW to the pants part, there is a pretty nice little park right next to the base gate that we told the kids if they were good at the market that we'd take them back to it, well we did on our way back and Destinee has become quite good at monkey bars and so she was trying to show off a little for Daddy since he's never seen her most recent "feat of death-defying skill" and so she's going along and lo and behold there's a pair of pants hung up on a hanger right smack dab in the middle of the monkey bars...so Chris and I start looking around for the naked Korean drying his pants on the children's playground...lo and behold he's nowhere to be found...but as Destinee is getting very impatient for Daddy to watch her these words come out of her mouth: "Daddy, watch I can do the monkey bars with the pants on them." Falls under that listing of; "Things I Never Thought I'd Hear Someone Say." So there you go for one more of our enlightening Korean adventures!! ;)

1 comment:

Cody said...

People over here have NO idea what Korea is like! Yes, we're in Utah-- Provo. It's about 2 and 1/2 hours from St. George. If you guys make it up here give us a call! 801-656-9920