Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Newborn Sewing Skills





Well..while Chris is gone, I have to keep myself busy, right?? So why not continue learning a new skill (Chris has been trying to teach me for years!!). Anyway, these are the projects I've done while Chris has been gone...the little brown woodsy PJ pants that are pictured are Kyle's but I made some matching ones for Dalin too, they were just being washed!! And in case you can't tell, the bottom pic is a table runner, or at least my interpretation of one!! But mostly I've been proud that I've accomplished something that usually I shy away from without Chris being home to supervise and help. I'm hopeless without my man around I guess!! ;)

4 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

The clothes all look so nice! Keep up the good work. We all have our own "comfort zones" and it is hard to stretch out of them but it is well worth doing. Chris will be proud of you too - even with his tailoring skills. I bet the kids love their custom pjs.

Greg and Shara said...

RUTH!!! Your projects look so good! The skirt is super cute! I'm proud of you...soon, you will be teaching Chris :)

Greg and Shara said...

BTW, is Chris deployed, gone for a while? Just curious...hoping all is well!

Dianna said...

way to go ruth! i keep saying i am going to teach myself how to sew. next step- buying a sewing machine and then having my sister-in-law teach me how :)