Monday, June 3, 2013

My Student of the Month

So despite the problems that any school has, including the ones here, I really feel that Kyle and Dalin's school try to make things fun as evidenced by this post. Each month a teacher nominates a student of the month, which I know I have heard done in other schools. However this one is different because there is so much more emphasis put on their accomplishment. The teacher writes a little paragraph each time about why she picked that particular student, and then they receive a gift card for a local frozen yogurt shop and a laminated certificate, and a lollipop!! It's the fact that each one of these certificates each month is given to the children in a ceremony held by the principal for all the parents gathered in the cafeteria, and I feel he truly makes each student feel very special









1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

That is a wonderful award, Kyle. I bet you will always be a well behaved, hard worker and able and smart young man. We are so proud of you.