Friday, October 31, 2008

We Have a Tradition....YAY!!


I just love having family traditions and things that only your family does each holiday or for any special occasion...and so far Halloween, though it be one of my very favorite holidays, was one of the many holidays that we DIDN"T have any cool traditions that we did each year....but I heard of a family in Destinee's school class that carved pumpkins together as a family on Halloween night and so I thought I'd "borrow" the idea as our own for this year and it turned out so fun for the kids and Chris that I think we might "steal" it now and keep it for our own!! Isn't Chris's cute in the middle!!?? Anyway, that's the end of my humassive Halloween post for this year (at least I think!!) So TaTa to another Halloween and another fun year of being the coolest Halloween costume coordinating family on the block!! ;) I think that's what I'm gonna put on my Tombstone...Was part of the "Coolest Halloween Costume Coordinating Family On The Block"...okay bad idea, the machine that cuts those letters would totally konk out before it was done with that epic!! ;)

3 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

I remember when we all carved pumpkins over at our Apex home and Chris and Dan were both very creative then too. The pumpkins all look great and it is a good tradition.

Devri said...

pumpkin pumpkin who gots the pumpkin?

YOu are entered!! Thanks for shouting me out and loving my girlies.

What a cute famili!!!!!

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

A great tradition! We like to do the same thing but now that I am married we added some of Kens family tradition of carving out the pumpkin inners making the shell really thin. Then we cook the meat and make pumpkin pie or some other pumpkin treat. This year I took the cooked pumpkin meat out of the oven and forgot to put in fridge before I went to bed. oops! So no fresh pumpkin goodies this year we will have to go with the can. Sorry for the long remark but the other thing I wanted to let you know is that even though it is a little more work to scrape out the meat but then the carving is really easy with it thinner. Just an idea. By the way your family looked great on Halloween! I missed seeing you though.