Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cove Fort and the past

My mom and dad served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as a senior couple a few years ago at an important pioneer threshold of Cove Fort, UT. It is pretty much out in the middle of nowhere, and is quite easy to see how and why the Mormon pioneers just trying to get to the salt lake valley would've had so
many hardships getting there just because of the harshness of the land. So while the kids, and myself traveled back to St. George to visit with my mom and dad a little more, we took a small detour to visit where my mom and dad had served. How glad we are to not live in the time of chamber pots, and shared "beds."

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

The pictures turned out well. I am glad we got to go there together. Boy, does that cabbage look large! It was a pleasant day even though it was warm. I am glad for air conditioning too!