Saturday, August 30, 2008

Bow Day Has Come and Gone!!


Well after many (I say many instead of actually naming numbers to prevent myself from sounding TOO obsessed and stupid to stay up over 10 nights until 12 or 1 AM (oh snikes I let it slip) to work on something as silly as ribbon!!) long hours of perfecting that "one last bow" just to stay up the next night to perfect yet another "one last bow"....the market was here and I must say that I was pleasantly proud of myself and the "creations" I'd accomplished when I set everything out all professional like...and then even with all that professional like arranging I didn't have a darn sale until an hour before the end!! Oh the humanity, right!!?? But towards the end there were people that did come by and pick up a few things, namely my best neighbor Tammy and her little girls...thanks for helping the fledgling business owner Abigail and Elizabeth!! ;) Anyway, by the end of the night I was thoroughly satisfied with the "return" for the amount of effort I'd put in and left with the satisfaction of knowing that I'd tried it once and that now it was out of my system and I'd just go on making them for Destinee, but then I got the "fever"-not the bad one because oooh that would be gross in a car-YUCK!!!! (since that's where the "illness" struck) but the "selling fever" and thought, hey maybe if I do this again next month maybe somebody will buy something before the last half hour and will see something they like and buy it for their dearest little darling with 31 minutes left and well...I mean if 31 minutes next month, well then the sky is just the limit for the next months-we might even get up to someone buying something in the first hour!!!! Oh how much there is to look forward to...can't you just feel the excitement ooozing through the screen right now.....Oh I sure can, but just watch out, don't sit too close to the screen or the "fever" might catch you and you'll find yourself staying up until 1 AM making bread for a bake sale or designing your own line of undies and not even know why you're doing it!! Consider yourself warned!! It's contagious!! ;)

1 comment:

Mom Erwin said...

You look very professional at your booth and the bows and all look great. I am proud of all your handiwork! Mom