Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Family Sticks Together

Though we don't have a family picture for this year I thought while writing this post that it was important for my "readers" and myself to be able to look upon my children as happy, go-lucky children doing crazy things and just being themselves!! FYI Dalin was not hurt in this picture...it was on the flightline field trip where the kids got to experiment with all the "goodies" that the medical team had to offer!! Anyway, everyone has bad days come now and then and some are worse than others. Well today was one of those really "worse than ever" ones and at the end of the day it leaves Chris and I wondering how some people live with themselves and the way they act/make others feel. Isn't one of our purposes for being here on earth supposed to be uplifting others and making others feel better. Well as far as I can remember all my Sunday School lessons, I know that tearing others down and making life miserable for another person or in our case a family is not one of those key things we need to strive to do "better at." Though the vast majority of people that we have been privileged to know while here in Osan have been wonderful acquaintances and dear friends, there are the few that just SEEM (notice I said SEEM, I don't know other people's thoughts, obviously or I'd stop alot of their thoughts dead in their tracks) to exist to hurt our family.....one by one or as a communal whole these "dedicated" few seem to lay in wait so to say to find reasons to fault our family in whatever we try to do. And so I say to you very few, that my family will never cave to your threats or accusations and we will NEVER stray away from each other's strength and love just to appease your sensibilities of what you think is right or wrong for OUR family!!
Now with that said, on a happier note I would love to send a virtual thank you to those wonderful, and dear friends that we have made here whether in the past, and you have moved on to "bigger and better things" (The Bartles,Riekers,Ellers, etc.) or those that we are just now getting to know and absolutely realizing what true friendship can mean!! (Sariah,Tammy,Kelly,etc) You all have been such strengths and inspirations in our family's life in getting through any tough times that we may have gone through and I do think you very deeply from the bottom of my heart for being true friends!! You will always be remembered fondly!!

4 comments:

theweippertfamily said...

I just wanted to let you know that I continue to read your blog and understand what you are saying. The only reason I can figure is that misery loves company and some people are so miserable they can't stand anybody around them to be happy. Good for you for not letting it bother you. I'm sure we could all use a little bit of that example

Anonymous said...

you always make!! I am loving motherhood- every day feels like a party or a holiday!! Playgroups, lunch dates, parties...I am sure it gets harder when Lily is a toddler and when we have more babies but right now it has surpassed my wildest expectations!!:)

I can't get over how big your "babies" are! Destinee looks EXACTLY like you!!! too cute!:)

Anonymous said...

I love your family! Trials are sent to us in all different ways, this must be one sent to you. I love how you're handling it, by sticking together and putting family first!

Oh a side note, I LOVE the email you sent my class! I don't know who was more excited, them or me! You could not have done a more perfect job!! It's going to be SSOO fun! Thank you sooo much!

Veronica Bartles said...

So why is your son in the washing machine? Combining bath and laundry into one easy step? ;) Too cute!