Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What are Your Kids Wearing for St. Patrick's Day??





It's too late to come up with a witty title for this, so I'll just ask.."Whatcha wearin on this Green Day?" Well, here's what my kiddos will be sporting..Homemade creations by good ol' Mom...I"m pretty proud at how much better I've gotten at this whole sewing/clothes thing since Chris has been gone..maybe he should leave more often so I can get good at other things...Naah!! Oh yeah and that ribbon would be beautiful tied in a big fluffy bow wouldn't it...yeah it had other plans so a big, ugly knot is whatcha get for this pic tonight!! ;) I've always dreamed of making Destinee one of those huge, fluffy tutus that she could wear for dress-up or even out, but after working with the little bit of tulle on that skirt tonight, I might opt out forever!! ;) And for one of the little gentleman in my life, a very Irish pub worthy fabric print made into pants, complete with pockets (that's what the close-up pic is but it's hard to see and even a fake fly!! HeHe!! ;) Well I can't wait to see updates on all those other blogs I stalk, I mean peruse!! ;)

3 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Your kids are going to be known for having the cutest "holiday clothes" in their classrooms. You are showing such creativity, Ruth - I'm proud of you.

Tara said...

you can make one of those tutu's real easy, with very minimal sewing. I did one for Evelyn and just took elastic and made a waste band and then you take the tulle in strips and do slip knot or whatever around the elastic. Very cute and very very easy! You can see it on this blogpost http://redallaboutit.blogspot.com/2009/12/you-dont-choose-your-family-they-are.html or I can send you a pic of it by itself. It was fun to make too!

Tara said...

ok btw, since you monitor your comments, I can give you my email! it's cherryvanilla222@gmail.com. I have been thinking of that dress since I saw it and now I'm going to have to make it and I have an idea that my sister and I are going to try so I will let you know how it goes!