Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yeah It's Done!!



As Dalin starts school this year (preschool) he's been so excited and so anxious to go, that I wanted to make him something that hopefully would be special to him and a cool thing to show off to his little dude and dudette friends....so we went to the ever wonderful Happy Quilt and Dalin picked out his own fabric (interesting new development for me, since if I ever actually do let my kids pick out anything, if I don't like it I always reserve the right to veto) and he actually did a wonderful job with coordinating all the colors and patterns!! The actual hardest part of this whole blanket....minus that whole it's the first thing I've ever sewn..well close as least was getting the yarn ties in the top of the blanket (click for bigger picture if you can't see) because supposedly a yarn needle which I thought I'd used before does not go through fabric...so after going around to numerous houses the day before Dalin starts school and searching for one and finally finding one only to be very discouraged to realize it doesn't go through fabric....BUT not one to admit defeat so easily, I stayed up until the wee hours of that night or morning however you look at it licking and burning and doing all sorts of rude and unmentionable things to the end of the yarn to get it to fit through a standard needle...by the morning I was feeling rather yarned out and my tongue definitely felt the effects of probably eating a hairball of yarn by way of sucking it down my throat!! ;) But it did turn out cute and Dalin was proud to have it, which was the most important thing of all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blanket! You are too crafty!!

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

The blanket turned out great! Good Job!

Greg and Shara said...

You did an incredible job!! I'm with Annee, you're a pro already :)