Monday, March 17, 2008

Things You May Not Know About Me....

First of all I stole this idea from one of my high school friends that I recently reconnected with...Thanks Leah!!

Let's start with the Man of the Household:
~His favorite color is purple (hey, when you're in Korea, purple sounds manly!!)
~I (Ruth) have only seen ONE baby picture of him (so much for comparing children pictures, huh!)
~He has a knack for injuring himself in funny ways-the latest was a meetup with a lantern in the top of our tent-picture running full force and running into a brick wall!! He even has the cut to prove it.
~One more injury bullet-picture a glow-in-the-dark frisbee (i.e. LIGHT UP) so that people can play in the dark-and yet when you throw to him you heard a deafening thud as he hits the ground!!
~He was once on the...how should we say-"Portly" side!! (Of course no pictures as we previously discussed, but have heard stories)-oh and he had Coke bottle glasses-poor Chris!!
~He is deathly afraid of heights
~He HATES rollercoasters!! (Silly, yes I know!!)
~He doesn't like cucumbers, and cantaloupe-pretty much ANYTHING else is not off-limits-including squid and octopus!! Oh and KIMCHI of course!!
~One of his best friend in high school was LDS ....see he was just getting him primed to meet me!
~He has one brother and one sister
~Both his brother and sister are either married to a member of the military, or are in themselves-even though his family grew up not liking the military-Then I say don't live in Ft. Bragg, NC (Army Special Ops HQ)
~He likes to sing, but only in the car and only with silly voices!!
~Before joining the military,the furthest west he had ever been was Houston, TX on a college band trip
~He plays the trumpet,baritone and well anything brass for that matter!!
~He's been a member of the LDS church for 7 years
~And another steal from Leah's blog-he doesn't see the difference between detergent scents or any soap scents for that matter. (Silly men)
~He is a swimming master(by that I mean he's really good!!)

OK, and on to the female "head" of the household:
~I can tell the difference between Mountain Rush,Clean Breeze, and Free and Clear (a newly learned skill since having Destinee) laundry detergent scents. (Any woman could!!)
~My favorite color is teal (blueish-green)
~I collect mini tea sets (go figure, LDS collecting something with the word tea in it!!)
~I also collect porcelain dolls
~Our favorite colors go well together-(our wedding colors)
~I definitely like to sing (okay everybody already knew that)
~I love being a military spouse-yes even the occasional time away from each other-The benefits of being in this profession FAR outway the odds!!
~I love rollercoasters or anything high and scary!!
~On that same note I've reversed bungee-jumped...and it's all on tape!!
~I have one brother and two sisters
~I was once a skunk in a play!!

Okay well I just liked the idea of a little insight into each other's lives with these little known facts!! Thanks again, Leah!!
~I didn't know how to dive until I was a teenager

No comments: