Friday, October 10, 2008

Flowers With A Pecan!!





Well I finally got up the guts to drive myself to the Flower Market to show someone else how to get there....(okay so I didn't drive but I did ride with her and got her there safely with no wrong turns or misc.) and so these are some of the funnies that I found while I was there. I've been there so many times that I don't go to find beautiful exotic plants, I go to find a plant that looks like a dinosaur or something just so I can take a picture of and get a laugh out of it!! The first picture is of my bestest Korea girlfriend's little girl Elle and then there's me and Kyle with all my loot and sunflowers that have stems as big as a child's ankle!! The other two are just funnies of my imagination...doesn't that squash thing look like a triceratops without eyes of course, and then the other was just an oddity so I couldn't resist it...some sort of dried tomato looking thing that quite resembled a Chinese lantern. OOPS...had to go back and edit this one because I didn't tell you why I included the word pecan in my title!! Well the girl I went with is from Georgia and loves it there, but is silly enough to not like peaches so she can't be a Georgia peach, but she does love pecans, so much as to snack on them plain (ooohhhh.....) and so I went to the Flower Market with a Pecan, nothing strange about that, right!!?? ;)

2 comments:

Cody said...

funky dunky plants! we live in orem right now (right next to provo)

Adam and Sariah said...

Wow Ruth, I feel so honored as to be on your blog again. Well aparently you can say whatever you want about me and it seems endeering. It was a fun day and a great loot that we brought home. And I did learn that I should be careful who I offer a raw pecan to in the future. You never know what they will say about you on the world wide web! I am happy to be a pecan though...and I do love Georgia. :) Good post!