Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calendar Ideas

Okay, though I don't celebrate the actual happening of Advent...(I think it's a Catholic observance, is it not??) Anyway, I do love the calendars that you can hang on the wall or wherever and put a little treat or fun activity for that day in and help your kids celebrate this wonderful season a little bit longer than just the one day of Christmas. SO starting tomorrow we will have a daily activity that our family will be doing...some of them are pretty hum-drum but hopefully my kids won't think so and will think they're a blast...it doesn't take much with them to have a good time if Mommy or Daddy is in on the activity. So maybe you can get some fun ideas to do with your families or just kinda be a part of ours as we go along celebrating this wonderful month of celebrations for our Father in Heaven's son. Though most of those previously said celebrations do not center around Christ...they should a little bit more I think and that's why with each little activity for the day I've also included a small scripture to go along with it and help us remember the "True Reason for the Season!!"

No comments: